All in all, a successful trip back. But I can't pretend that the transition hasn't been without its challenges. There were some tearful goodbyes back in Columbus (thanks again, Sam, for being a calming, albeit humorously apathetic, presence at the airport), and I'm grieving letting go of a wonderfully blessed and full summer. I'll miss all of you from my "other" life while I'm here, but I'm grateful for your encouragement and prayer as I return for another year of ministry here at WNS.
How incredible, too, to be back in a familiar place that I've already figured out and know how to function and thrive. Praise the Lord I'm no longer green at all of this. What a blessing. So now I suppose it's my turn to try to be as helpful, encouraging, and supportive of the new folks here in Nairobi with all of my wisdom and experience ;) The new staff members already seem to be adjusting and getting excited about the quickly-approaching start to school. My new roommates, Jennifer and Jennifer (who replaced Jen...), are great, too. It's such a wonderful thing living with folks who share the same passion for Christ and vision for their life work. I'm looking forward to new adventures with these guys.
Thanks for the prayers, all! Miss you already.
Kate
No comments:
Post a Comment